Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Late Night Snack.



I love chocolate. I really do. I crave it. But compared to my husband, my love for chocolate is nothing! When we get home after a long day, we both find ourselves really hungry! I am never in the mood for a full meal at 10pm, because it just feels like too much. We have been looking for new ways to be healthy eaters so we started making some delicious Blueberry-Banana Smoothies, which are really great. The only problem was: Did anyone hear the word “chocolate” in there?;) Nope! And so the search began! After getting some ideas from recipes I saw online, and only including the ingredients we had on hand at the moment, here is what I came up with! We now make it all the time!

5 Reasons why you should try it!
*It is YUMMY!
*And…….YES! It is HEALTHY!
*Super easy to make!
*Doesn’t leave you hungry.
*Fulfills a chocolate/sweet craving!


Banana-Peanut Butter-Chocolate Smoothie
1 frozen banana
1 1/2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp. peanut butter {Any kind! Natural creamy is what we’ve been using and it does a great job of sweetening it- I hear crunchy is good too!}
5 Tbsp. oats {We love these! You may not personally want this much.}
1 1/4 c. skim/almond/soy milk {The second two make it creamier and more flavorful.}

Now BLEND it up! There you go! Add more or less of ingredients depending on what you like!

Servings: 1 large, 2 small

Note: Do not add ice- it will make it too watery. The frozen fruit functions the same way
We just buy a whole bunch of bananas, cut them into 3 or 4 pieces and throw them all in the freezer, so they are on hand at any moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment